Shipbuilders got it right! Indonesian teak furniture is the perfect outdoor patio furniture, considering its flexibility, role as an insect repellent, and high weather resistance.
Teak is a type of tropical specie of hardwood in the Lamiaceae family. This type of wood comes from Tectona grandis, which is a deciduous and large tree that often occurs in hardwood forests. This tree has fragrant, small, white flowers with papery leaves that are often hairy on the lower surfaces.
Teak wood offers high quality features which make it valuable for people to use that are as follows:
- Teak wood is brownish red in color when it comes to heartwood. Its color darkens as it continues to age. There are times that you may observe the dark patches found on it.
- Teak wood also offers sapwoods, which are whitish up to yellowish brown in color. This is the reason why this type of wood easily separates from the heartwood.
- For freshly cut teak wood, expect for a very unique type of scent.
- The texture of the wood is ring-porous and hard.
- The density of teak wood is about 1,500 pounds per cubic yard.
Teak wood is commonly used by many people all over the world because of its value.
- Teak wood is very durable. Hence, you are assured that this type of wood can stand the test of time. This means that you can make use of this type of wood for a long period of time. This is especially true when it comes to furniture.
- Apart from durability, teak also puts emphasis on its water resistance value. This means to say that this type of wood is water resistant. It cannot be easily damaged when exposed to water.
With the value of teak wood, it is not surprising to know that more companies are making use of this wood in creating furniture and all other wood projects.
Some of our favorite teak outdoor furniture is:
- Groovystuff Adirondack Bench
- Regal Teak Teak Square End Table with Shelf
- Douglas Nance Montauk Adirondack Chair
- Regal Teak Teak Carolina Double Rocker
There are lots of benefits that the teak wood can offer. Teak is actually utilized by manufacturers whose main products are boat decks and outdoor furniture. This is due to the fact that this type of wood contains tight grain, high oil content, and high strength, making it more resistant to different types of weather. Teak is also used in making indoor flooring, cutting boards, countertops, and even veneer for some furnishing indoors.
Teak wood is also used in other countries and in India in the manufacturing of different types of furniture, window frames, beams, and columns in both new and old styles of houses. It is not only resistant to water but also to other damages by insects such as termites.
Due to the resistance of teak wood to different types of weather, people make use of this wood as their main material. They make use of these woods for different types of outdoor and indoor furniture. The beauty and strength of this wood also makes teak very popular in the wood industry.
So, what else are you waiting for? If you want to obtain aesthetically looking furniture at home, then choose furniture made from teak wood. You are most assured that the time, money, and effort you will spend with the type of wood is worth it.
Check out our collection of teak furniture here.